HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, today announced the Nokia 7.1 as its latest smartphone to join the Android 10 rollout. This is the third Nokia smartphone to receive the latest Android OS since its official launch, coming just days after the rollout for the Nokia 9 PureView was announced. HMD Global has made good on its promise to update three devices in Q4 2019 and is on track to have more of its smartphones running Android 10 by early 2020.
As an Android One program smartphone, the Nokia 7.1 launched with a promise of three years of guaranteed monthly security updates and two years of OS upgrades. As of today the Nokia 7.1, Nokia 9 PureView, and Nokia 8.1 will be upgraded to Android 10.
Nokia 7.1 fans will get to experience a whole host of new features with Android 10, including:
- Gesture Navigation: control of your smartphone just got slicker, with faster and more intuitive controls at the tip of your fingers.
- Smart Reply: receive even smarter responses in messages, not just wording, but actions you can take.
- Privacy Controls: have even more control of your data, all in one place, and control when your location is shared with your apps.
- Focus mode: block out distracting apps when you need to concentrate on what’s important (try it now in Beta).
- Family Link: now part of the Digital Wellbeing settings, helping parents set digital ground rules for the whole family.