Dubai’s Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department (IACAD) has launched a first-of-its-kind AI-powered fatwa service ‘Virtual Ifta’.
According to Gulf News, the service can currently answer around 205 questions related to Namaz, however, other topics including financial matters, ablution, and fasting etc. will be covered in the next phase.
The service can be availed from IACAD’s website in English and Arabic – more languages and WhatsApp support will be added in the next phase. The project was launched under the Dubai10X which is a government initiative to keep Dubai 10 years ahead of other cities in terms of delivering public services.
Mobile app and audio replies to the queries are also in the future plans of the IACAD, Tariq Al Emadi, Head of Fatwa Section told during the launch ceremony.
This is an intelligent process, Virtual Ifta will understand you. But if it’s not sure what you’re asking, it will give you a few options – do you mean this or do you mean that – to make sure you get the relevant response.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to the official IACAD website
- Click on ‘Chat with us’
- Choose your preferred language
- You will see this message: Hello, Welcome to the virtual assistant of the Department of Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities in Dubai, you can ask your question about one of the following topics: Prayer, Zakat, Purity, Worship.
- It also gives a message, saying: Dear Questioner, the answers to your questions are generated automatically using AI technology. Despite taking precautionary measures, errors are always possible. Please contact us in the event of any error. May Allah reward you.
- Type one of the mentioned topics and you will see all the pre-defined questions that you can get the answers to.
- Click on the question and you will instantly get the fatwa.
- You can also type the question yourself and get the answer.
What are your thoughts on the AI Fatwa service? Let us know in the comments section.